New Mexico BioGENEius Challenge
Would you like to submit your research for the BioGENEius Challenge?
To participate in the New Mexico BioGENEius Challenge you must:
- Be conducting biotechnology research, which is defined as “the use of the knowledge of biological systems to produce goods and services.”
- Apply to the New Mexico BioGENEius Challenge. Submissions must be completed on the Biotechnology Institute website in March.
- Register on The Biotechnology Institute website by completing the online application. Don’t forget to also complete the Authorization Forms required for your participation. A PowerPoint slide of your poster must be submitted. A BioGENEius Application Checklist will be available online and provide all instruction needed.
- You must participate in the statewide New Mexico Science and Engineering Fair that follows. at campus of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology in Socorro. Winners of the local challenge will be judged and selected during the special awards judging at this event. Winners are be notified at the Awards ceremony.
NMBio will award the top qualifying biotech-related winner with a trip to the U.S. National BioGENEius Challenge.
***Winner of the Local Challenge must be available to compete in the U.S. National and International Challenges
The top ten finalists in the U.S. National competition will move on to theInternational BioGENEius Challenge held the next day in conjunction with the Biotechnology Industry Organization’s (BIO) Annual International Convention. Finalists will showcase their talent and research to a prestigious panel of expert biotech judges and will display their projects to approximately 20,000 convention participants!
- Participate and network with life science executives and scientists while competing at the New Mexico state science fair, the U.S. National BioGENEius Challenge, the International BioGENEius Challenge and the BIO International Convention.
- Add the prestigious career-building competitions to your resume and college application
- Meet students from across the U.S., Canada and Germany.
For information or assistance regarding the New Mexico BioGENEius Challenge please contact: