Upcoming EventIncreasing diversity in clinical trials
The Covid-19 pandemic has thrown into relief the longstanding racial inequities in the U.S. healthcare system. One major problem: making sure that the studies that test medical treatments reflect the populations of people who will receive them. We’ll search for solutions.
- Quita Beeler Highsmith, M.B.A., vice-president and chief diversity officer, Genentech
- Jonathan Jackson, Ph.D., assistant professor of neurology, director of the CARE Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Clyde W. Yancy, M.D., vice dean, diversity & inclusion; Magerstadt Professor of Medicine; professor of medical social sciences; and chief, division of cardiology at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Nicholas St. Fleur, Knight-Wallace reporting fellow, STAT (moderator)
- Kent Thoelke, chief scientific officer & executive vice president, PRA Health Sciences (sponsor introduction)