NMBio’s Knowledge Fair & Expo: October 18
New Mexico’s Bioscience Industry — A Blueprint for Success is the theme for the association’s inaugural Knowledge Fair. It will showcase New Mexico’s talent, energy, research and pioneering entrepreneurs in the bioscience, biomedical, agriculture and healthcare communities from Las Cruces in the south to Los Alamos in the north. The event will be held from 8 am to 5:30 pm at UNM’s Student Union Center.
Robert W. Rubin, President & CEO of Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute — https://lrri.org/
— will be the event’s morning keynote speaker. He’ll be joined by the top executives of LRRI’s family of companies — Mako Labs, Mind Research Network and Lovelace Scientific Resources. The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) President & CEO James Greenwood will be our afternoon keynote speaker — https://www.bio.org/about
. In between the two keynote addresses, attendees will be able to explore a wide range of simultaneous informative briefings and the opportunity to meet one on one with speakers and with service providers that will be sharing classrooms and manning table top exhibits.
Some of our featured conference speakers and panel moderators include:
- Dr. Richard Larson, Executive Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Research, UNM Health Sciences Center
- Terry Dunlay, CEO of Intellicyt
- Richard Gill, Board Director and Investor Member, Launchpad Investor Group
- Sarah Boisvert, Founder and CEO, Fab Lab Hub
- Bob Proulx, President and CEO of Imagion Biosciences
- Lisa Kuuttila, President & Chief Economic Development Officer, STC-UNM
- Steve Buelow, CEO, New Mexico Consortium
- Michelle Miller, Founder & CEO, High Desert Discovery District
- Janeen Vilven Doggett, Partner, Peacock Myers, P.C.
- Marie Longserre, President and CEO, Santa Fe Business Incubator
- Terry Lombard, Director of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer, NMSU
- Wayne Savage, Executive Director, Arrowhead Park
- Karthik Ramachandra, VP & Director of Business Development, Likarda
- Dr. Ronan Polsky, Research Chemist, Sandia National Labs
The unique learning environment will be immediately followed by 90 minutes of social networking. The combination of tasty food, beer and wine will provide everyone with the chance to put their cell phones on mute and enjoy some quality networking before heading home.REGISTER »